« La Seine aux Andelys »
Oil on canvas
Signed and dated lower right "René Sautin /1932"
(Ac) H: 106,5 cm x L: 167,5cm
(Sc) H: 90 cm x L: 151 cm
Salon des indépendants
René SAUTIN was born in the same village as the painter Albert Lebourg, whose advice he followed in his life as a painter, but it was in Andelys that he spent most of his life. After primary and secondary studies in Montfort-sur-Risle and Pont-Audemer, he entered the School of Fine Arts in Rouen in the studio of the painter Philippe Zacharie. He goes to Paris where he spends a year in the Ferrier workshop and exhibits at the Salon des Indépendants
• Portrait of Marthe, his wife, 1941, Nicolas-Poussin museum.
• Bouquet of flowers, Nicolas-Poussin museum.
• Autumn landscape, Nicolas-Poussin museum.
• Château Gaillard and the Seine, Nicolas-Poussin museum.
• °Grand Adeli, 1936, Nicolas-Poussin museum.
• René Sautin by himself with a silhouette of Château Gaillard (pencil), Nicolas-Poussin museum.
• The Geese, Vernon Museum.
• The Seine at Andelys, 1928, Oil on canvas, Alfred-Canel Museum, Pont-Audemer.
75 000 €