- 1894-1897 : military service in the navy, which gives him a taste for travel and the sea
- 1903-1907 : numerous exhibitions in Brussels and Paris
- 1925 : leaves for the Mediterranean and North Africa as a naval painter
- 1927 : commissioned by the Belgian state for the Compagnie Maritime
- 1934 : leaves for the Arctic
and in the Norwegian Fjords
- 1936 : prize of the French West Africa
- 1948 : Knight of the Legion of Honor
and of the Belgian Order
French painter, having lived about fifty years in Brussels,
he will make many stays abroad, which will give to his painting
Influenced by Gauguin, Van Gogh, or the Impressionists and Pointillists, he was a great friend of Paul Signac.
Privileged witness of his time, Lantoine, during his stay in Paris
decided to paint modernity, industrialization by choosing the port of Sevres, and its activity as the main subject of the painting.
This painting is also characteristic of his artistic choices.
and the taste of the artist for the line, the structure and the gradations of colors.
Lantoine likes the light.
and its variations which gives all its poetry to the work.
Delevery information :
Shipping all destinations
8 500 €