Glazed porcelain vase in the shape of an amphora with frames in gilded bronze and finely chiseled with leaf motifs, volutes ending in a satyr's head.
Signed at the base Dihl.
Amaranth red marble base.
A similar pair was sold in Christie's "Villa Diodati House Sale" in Geneva on September 20, 1996, lot 135. The spindle vase was very popular in Sèvres under Empress Josephine, Napoleon's first wife. Another vase of the same model, in black porcelain, is in the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg.
Dihl and Guérhard porcelain factory (1781-1828): in 1781, Christoph Dihl (1752-1830), Antoine Guérhard (died in 1793) and his wife Louise-Françoise-Madelaine Croizé (1751-1831) founded a factory under the direction of the Duke of Angoulême (1775-1844). This royal patronage enabled the factory to produce colored and gilded porcelain, monopolized by Sèvres since 1766. It first operated rue de Bondy in Paris, then moved to rue du Temple in 1789.
16 000 €