Exceptional sterling silver cutlery set for 18 people.
Elegant shape with violin handle adorned with staples and a Ducal crown.
Minerve 1st standard hallmark, silversmith's signature of Henin et Compagnie and Odiot.
Our set is the result of a subcontracting of Henin to Odiot. This illustrious house (which had already acquired an international dimension in the 19th century as a supplier of crowned heads and of all the European Gotha) was accustomed to this practice to honor its orders. Thus Granvigne, Puiforcat, Henin were its privileged subcontractors by producing Odiot models on which they applied their punches in addition to those of Odiot. The H&Cie Hallmark was used between 1896 and 1901, which allows us to date this cutlery set around 1900.
Made up of 113 pieces in all, there are
- 18 table cutlery (18 forks + 18 spoons)
- 18 table knives with filled silver handle and stainless steel blade
- 18 dessert cutlery (18 forks + 18 spoons)
- 18 dessert knives with filled silver handle (12 fruit knives with silver blades signed by Odiot and 6 cheese knives with stainless steel)
- 1 serving cutlery (fork + spoon)
- 1 silver and vermeil salad server (fork + spoon)
- 1 soup ladle Complete set in excellent condition, well-polished silver and fresh vermeil, cutlery not deformed, teeth not worn out.
Weight of weighable pieces (forks, spoons, ladle): 5703g
Estimated silver weight of other pieces (knives): minimum 700g
Estimated total silver weight: minimum 6400g
Table forks: 21cm 1531g
Soup spoons: 21.5cm 1585g
Dessert forks: 18.5cm 871g
Dessert spoons: 18.5cm 889g
Table knives: length 26cm gross weight 1618g
Dessert knives: length 20 and 21cm gross weight 1032g
Vermeil salad server: length 28cm 271g
Serving server : length 26cm 315g
Soup ladle length 34.2cm 241g