Jacobus STORCK (Amsterdam 1641 - 1692/1699 Amsterdam)
Mediterranean harbour with ships, architectures and figures
Oil on canvas mounted on oak panel, 39.5 x 46.5 cm
Worn signature trace on the ground column at the bottom left
On the back, old inventory number and annotation: "auf dem unteren stein links A. Storck signiert"
German private collection until 2019
Coming from a family of artists and second son of a sibling of three children - father Johannes Storck owned the family workshop - who joined the guild of Saint Luke, an essential passage for renowned painters. It seems that in 1670 he traveled with his brother Abraham and then worked in Germany.