Basswood with two sponkis.
Tempera on levka on wood, painting school of Moscow, circa 1600.
Half-length representation of the mother of God with the child Christ in his left arm and with her right hand pointing to him. Christ embraces the blessed Mother and clings to her mother's cheek.
According to tradition, the original type of the Mother of God was painted by the Evangelist Luke, during the life of the Mother of God.
For the icon, in the second half of the 17th century a silver rice with baroque ornaments was made with a masterful quality.
Original state of conservation of the painting of the icon, the silver riza has been restored in the lower left and on the edge.
Delevery information :
Delivery by parcel or Delivery by professional carrier select. Each work is meticulously packaged with a custom-made wooden box, and always assured.
24 500 €