With its eighteen relics, we present a pair of reliquaries in molded wood, carved and gilded decorated with a laurel wreath, from the end of the 18th century. In red and ocher, they host a central medallion surrounded by sculpted pearls.
Our reliquaries honor the order of the Sisters of the Visitation created in 1604 by Mrs. Jeanne-Françoise Fremyot, Baroness de Chantal and François de Sales who were canonized in 1767 for the first and 1665 for the second.
Each of our Saints' relics are surrounded, in a central scrolled medallion, by eight saints. Thus we find, around Saint Chantal, Saint Justine and the following Saints: Maxime, Saturnin, Lucien, Gervais, Justin and Candide. Saint Francis is not left out.
He is accompanied by Saint Ursula and the following Saints : George, Constantine, Hyppolite, Agapit, Paulinus and Philippe.
On the back are red wax seals with the arms of a cardinal presenting an anchor at the foot of a cross.
Used condition, gaps and chips.
46 cm high by 25 wide and 17 cm deep