Offered by Chastelain & Butes
19th and early 20th-century paintings and sculpture
La Chapelle de la Protection in Cagnes, circa 1925 Oil on panel, signed with the monogram lower left 27 x 34.5 cm Bibliography: The Painters of Cagnes, exhibition catalogue, Château-Musée Grimaldi, 2011, p.62
Paul Leduc began his studies with the pupils of Joseph Coosemans in Tervuren. He studied at the Academy of Mons under Bourlard (1891-1896) and at the Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp under Baertsoen. He worked in Belgium and the Netherlands, but especially in the South of France and in Italy, where he painted rivers, canals and bridges.
Leduc quickly moved towards French-inspired impressionism and later towards luminism.
Museums: Royal Family of Belgium - Brussels - Bucharest - Buenos Aires - Charleroi - Frankfurt - Mons - Rio de Janeiro - Schaerbeek.
Delevery information :
Upon receipt of full payment, we ship globally using professional packaging and shipment service providers.