Offered by Galerie William Diximus
Oil on canvas, framed, representing a portrait of a general officer, restoration period between 1814 and 1830.
Thanks to her outfit and decorations, it can be said that it is:
- Brigadier general or camp marshal (denomination monarchy)
- He's wearing a light cavalry officer's saber.
- Officer of the Order of Saint Louis (therefore monarchical aristocrat), officer of the Legion of Honor, and Order of the Lys (therefore former Officer of the National Guard)
This portrait is attributed to the work of Joseph Fançois Kinson and his workshop (1771-1839).
Works and reconciliation:
-Hotel de ville, d'Ajacio "Portrait of Jérôme Bonaparte on the deck of a ship
Kinson François Joseph (1770-1839) "
- Paris, Musée de l'Armée "Ferdinand de La Ville-sur-Illon (1777-1865), Colonel Governor of the Palace of the King of Westphalia - Kinson François Joseph (1770-1839) (attributed to)
- Portrait of Louis-Antoine d'Artois, Duke of Angouleme, in the costume of Grand Admiral (1775-1844) AuctionArt - Rémy le Fur & Associés, 08/10/2019
DROUOT-RICHELIEU, Paris, France
Dimensions with frame: Length: 123.5 cm Width: 108.5 cm
Dimensions without frame: Length: 94 cm Width: 78 cm
Price : on request