This vase is an astonishing testimony to the importance of the Goldscheider manufactory on the international art scene at the turn of the 20th century. Through its iconography and decoration, it shows a superb alchemy between the European Symbolist heritage of the 1880s and 1890s and the style advocated by the Art Nouveau artists. The Friedrich Goldscheider manufactory has been at the forefront of the Viennese ceramic industry since it was founded in 1885. It set the trend and played an important role in the revival of artistic ceramics in the last decades of the 20th century. His assets are numerous: his own technique, glazed terracotta, the best sculptors and ceramists in Central Europe and an unfailing inventiveness.
Hundreds of artists have worked for the Goldscheider manufactory. But not all the pieces that come out of the kilns of the various workshops bear the signature of their inventor. This vase is signed "Cherc".
3 800 €
4 000 €
35 000 €