Beautiful oak wood console finely carved and lacquered olive green.
The crossbars delicately adorned with pearl friezes in the upper part and heart stripes in the lower part.
They are connected to the feet by dice with rosettes.
The four fluted spindle legs are embellished with laurel tori rings, they are linked together by an "X" spacer finely carved with "scrapers" and a twisted ribbon.
At the junction of the spacer stands an antique-style urn, decorated with a butt of palmettes, strigils and a pine cone at the top.
Original Aleppo breccia marble top with "Greek" cutout.
Very good state of preservation, original lacquer.
Parisian work from the Louis XVI period around 1785, to be compared to the productions of Georges Jacob.
Width: 104cm; Depth: 46cm; Height: 82.5cm
Our opinion :
If at first glance our console may seem very sober to an untrained eye, the collector will detect in a few seconds the ingredients of a beautiful production.
A console with a complex design, but with pure and easily readable lines, embellished with a very fine sculpture, with several registers, in oak wood and topped with a luxurious breccia marble from Aleppo.
These elements allow us to situate it in a large Parisian workshop in the decade 1780-1790.
A label present on the reverse of the crosspiece, which dates from the beginning of the century and which mentions a storage unit in Neuilly sur Seine, reinforces our hypothesis.
The shape of the spacer, but also the neo-classical decoration and the very particular decorative register of our console are to be compared to the productions of Georges and Henri Jacob.
We find this apparent simplicity on a few rare consoles from their workshops, in particular on those delivered for the bathroom of Madame Adélaïde in Versailles, or for the Salon de Mesdames at the Château de Bellevue.
8 400 €