Dish in earthenware of MOUSTIERS, octagonal shape with polylobed edge. Decoration in bichromy green chatironné manganese of big fire, in the center of the basin, a decoration known as "with the grotesques" including six terraces decorated with,
- A fantastic bird on a leg.
- A helmeted warrior with his spear and his shield, an eagle at his side.
- A bird with a long beak on a wooded terrace.
- A fantastic winged animal with a long tail.
- An archer with his bow at his feet accompanied by an ostrich at the foot of a
- A pilgrim holding his dog on a leash on a terrace with trees.
On the wing, three flowery and leafy mounds, interspersed with foliage. Green and manganese lines on the border.
Period : XVIIIth century. Workshop : OLERYS & LAUGIER (manganese mark on the back).
Decorator : François ICARD (mark in manganese on the back). Apprentice at OLERYS in 1748, painter until 1774.
Very good condition, a small chip of enamel on the edge of the front. No restoration.
4 800 €