Gabriele Gogna presents three separate items symbols of 900 Milanese.
These are a Sphinx, a Wolf and a St. Mark’s Lion.
They are three sculptures that adorn Milan Central Station made of reconstituted stone, like the Central Station.
The original drawings of the project are from 1912 but then they were revised and realized from a Deco/Futurist/Fascist perspective in 1925 because of the First World War.
The sculptures of the Central Station were designed by Ulisse Stacchini and Violi Armando and then made by Fratelli De Grandi in via Melchiorre Delfico 33 in Milan.
This marvelous Lion has 3 prototypes.
A first prototype has remained at the factory until today and it’s the one we are proposing to you.
Then there are one sample that adorns the Central Station, and one that De Grandi put in his representative villa in Mondonico di Valganna to decorate the large garden together with a specimen of the Wolf.
This garden was suddenly divided, and a part was given to the Municipality to enlarge the square (the sculpture then became property of the Municipality).
This is the only one of the 3 existing ones that can be sold as still today in private hands.
We acquired it directly from the De Grandi heirs at the old headquarters of Via Delfico 33 in Milan.
Dimensions : 100 x 280 cm - hauteur 185 cm
Delevery information :
We ship worldwide.
2 500 €
1 500 €
4 500 €