EUR

FR   EN   中文

CONNECTION
Pair of large Empire vases, gilt ground & landscapes
Pair of large Empire vases, gilt ground & landscapes - Porcelain & Faience Style Empire Pair of large Empire vases, gilt ground & landscapes - Pair of large Empire vases, gilt ground & landscapes - Empire Antiquités - Pair of large Empire vases, gilt ground & landscapes
Ref : 90193
SOLD
Period :
19th century
Provenance :
Paris, France
Medium :
Hard paste porcelain
Dimensions :
H. 19.29 inch
Porcelain & Faience  - Pair of large Empire vases, gilt ground & landscapes 19th century - Pair of large Empire vases, gilt ground & landscapes Empire - Pair of large Empire vases, gilt ground & landscapes Antiquités - Pair of large Empire vases, gilt ground & landscapes
L'Egide Antiques

Porcelain, Scuptures, paintings and european Fine Arts, 18th and 19th century


+ 32 25020493
+ 32 475432024
Pair of large Empire vases, gilt ground & landscapes

Exceptionnal pair of large amphora vases with gilt ground that are entirely engraved and painted landscapes. Cross handles. Museum quality pair in very good condition. 

Size: H 49cm - Base is 13cm x 13cm

Attributed to the Dagoty Brothers manufactory during the French Empire period, circa 1810.

Lit: Descendants of the great engraver Gautier d'Agoty (1711-1785), this family of artists simplified his name during the French Revolution. It was the three sons of Jean-Baptiste André Gautier d'Agoty (portrait painter of Marie-Antoinette, who died in 1886), who launched themselves into the world of porcelain. Hired by Guérhard and Dihl, they then moved to a modest home ‘Blvd des Italiens’ as decorators on porcelain. In 1798, Pierre-Louis and Etienne took over a factory in bankruptcy and it is there, rue de Chevreuse, that will be born one of the most prestigious manufactures of Paris. In 1804, following the death of Etienne, Pierre-Louis takes the direction of the manufacture. In that same year he produced and obtained the support of the Empress Josephine and was authorized to sign his porcelains: "Manufacture of S.M. the Empress, P.L. Dagoty in Paris". He opened a very elegant shop Boulevard Poissonnière. In 1806, he counts 100 workers and obtains a silver medal at the exhibition of the products of the Industry, he also exports his production until Russia. During the fall of Napoleon I in 1814, the factory lost its privilege but could count, in 1815, on the patronage of the Duchess of Angoulême until 1820. From 1816, Pierre Louis joins forces with François Maurice Honoré and his son Edouard. The Dagoty factory continued until the 1823s.

Perfect illustration of the "golden age" of Paris porcelain, the production of the Dagoty factory is characterized by the elegance of forms, the use of colours and a very thick gold.

Delevery information :

to be agreed with the customer depending on the object and the place of destination.

L'Egide Antiques

CATALOGUE

Porcelain & Faience