Rare pair of museum quality vases by the Popov manufactory Moscow, Russia (1811-1875). Lilac ground colour with reserves painted on one vase with an angle holding lightening while riding an eagle, and on the other a goddess floating on a cloud with a horn of plenty spreading flowers. The other side is decorated with bleu ground reserves with engraved gold figures. Piedouche and top are gilded. Rare handles in white porcelain Russian doll’s busts. Fantastic condition.
Size: H 27cm
Marked with pressed AT for the Popov manufactory and dated 1819.
Lit: The A.G. Popov porcelain manufactory was started by the German Karl Melli in 1806 at the village of Gorbunovo, close to the Francis Gardner manufactory. As soon as in 1811, the manufactory was sold it to the merchant Aleksei Gavrilovich Popov. After changing ownership several times it closed in 1875. Along with the Gardner and Novi factories, the Popov Manufactory was among the most important private manufacturers of hard-paste porcelain operating in Russia in the 19th century. Based in Moscow, the factory was well-known for blending classic European designs popular in the 19th Century with Eastern influences.
Delevery information :
to be agreed with the customer depending on the object and the place of destination.
4 000 €
3 500 €
9 000 €
1 200 €