Spectacular sculpture by André WILLEQUET (Brussels 1921- Uccle 1998) titled " Lying man"
Bronze with black patina
H. 16.53 inc., W. 35.43 inc., D. 19.68 inches
Studied sculpture at the National School of Visual Arts - La Cambre- (Brussels) in the studio of Oscar Jespers. Second Prix de Rome in 1947. Teaches sculpture at the Etterbeek Academy (Brussels) from 1947 to 1975. In 1948 undertakes a study trip to France and on this occasion meets Ossip Zadkine, Constantin Brancusi and Henri Laurens. From 1951 and for one year, he attended the Royal College of Arts in London and met Henry Moore.
Works of art in museums:
- Open-air Sculpture Museum in Middelheim, Antwerp
- Van Buuren Museum in Brussels (labyrinth of the Song of Songs)
- Museum of Modern Art in Brussels (monumental gates)
- Parc Meudon in Neder-Over-Heembeek, Brussels
- Open-air museum of Sart Tilman, University of Liège