"Grand Torse" by René Coutelle (1927 - 2012)
Spectacular sculpture in yellow marble from Siena
Direct-size carving, unique piece
32.28 x 19.29 x 9.44 inches
Base in fine black Belgian marble 1.96 x 15.74 x 11.81 inches.
Provenance: Former artist's studio
Sculpture referenced and reproduced in the exhibition catalog "René Coutelle 1927 - 2012", co-edition Galerie Martel-Greiner & Beaux-Arts éditions, 2016 (p. 23)
Works of art in public collections:
- 1965 Museum of modern art of the city of Paris
- 1980 National Contemporary Art Fund (Fnac),
- 1984 Purchase by Fnac of the "Portrait of M. A. Asturias", Nobel Prize for Literature in 1967, on deposit at the Maison de Amérique Latine, in Paris.
- 1985 Presidency of the Republic
- 2014 Museum of Art and History of the city of Meudon
12 000 €