Large MOUSTIERS earthenware dish, circular shape with polylobé edge. Decorated with a big fire, in green and ochre bichromy, called "aux grotesques", including :
- A monkey-headed figure, dressed in a long coat and wearing a feathered hat, a parrot resting on his hand.
- A helmeted warrior with a spear and shield, attacking a fantastic bird.
- A bird with spread wings.
- A figure with arms raised, holding a flag marked with the initials of the OLERYS & LAUGIER workshop.
- A donkey on a terrace with trees, wearing a feathered hat, playing a tambourine.
- A soldier on a flowered terrace, equipped with a shield and a quiver, leaning on his bow.
- A lancier bedding at the foot of a leafy tree, wearing a pointed hat.
- A bird in flight with its wings spread.
On the wing, four mounds of flowers and foliage interspersed with flowering stems or a butterfly.
In border green lines edged with ochre nets.
Period : End of the first half of the 18th century.
Workshop : OLERYS & LAUGIER (OL mark in ochre on the reverse side).
Decorator : SOLOME CADET (Mark S.C. in ochre on the reverse side).
Very good general condition, slight chips on the edge, no restoration.
Price : on request