The Talatates were blocks of "three" times the width of a hand. They are typical of the Amarna period. Amarna was built around 1360 BC. It was the capital of the pharaoh Akhenaten, and it was dedicated to the worship of the god Aton. When Toutankhâmon quit Amarna to return to the capital of Thebes, the city was abandoned, then dismantled and covered by sand.
On this Talatate, two characters are carved in hollow. They are bent horizontally, a position that indicates their function, probably during agricultural work. Their skulls and limbs are elongated, which characterizes the sculptures of the Amarnian era. The features of the character on the left are still distinct and detailed.
1 500 €
14 000 €