An oil on canvas measuring 92X65 cm (without the frame) representing a Breton harbour in the 1930s in neo-cubist style signed lower right.
Pierre Bompard trained at the Académie Julian in Paris, then attended the Cubists of the Golden Section. Painter of landscapes, scenes from the life of fishermen and nudes, he was inspired by Brittany and Provence. In the 1920s he was a regular at Doëlan. He was appointed official painter of the Navy in 1936. Decorator painter, he is the author of three panels installed in Vannes, in the deliberations room of the Prefecture council. An admirer of Gaugin, in 1958 he undertook a trip to the Marquesas to restore the artist’s tomb. He exhibits regularly at the autumn shows of the Independents and the Tuileries.
2 800 €
2 800 €