An oil on canvas measuring 73X60 cm (without the frame) representing a stable in neo-cubist style signed lower right. This painting was exhibited in Paris in 1928 at the Théophile Briant gallery.
Pierre Bompard trained at the Académie Julian in Paris, then attended the Cubists of the Golden Section. Painter of landscapes, scenes from the life of fishermen and nudes, he was inspired by Brittany and Provence. In the 1920s he was a regular at Doëlan. He was appointed official painter of the Navy in 1936. Decorator painter, he is the author of three panels installed in Vannes, in the deliberations room of the Prefecture council. An admirer of Gaugin, in 1958 he undertook a trip to the Marquesas to restore the artist’s tomb. He exhibits regularly at the autumn shows of the Independents and the Tuileries.
2 800 €