The d’Anthès family is a noble Alsatian family, notably established in Soultz (Haute-Alsace).
Baron Jean-Henri d'Anthès (1670-1733), was Maître de forges and founder of the Manufacture royale d'armes blanches d’Alsace (later Manufacture royale d'armes blanches de Klingenthal).
The subject of the portrait is unfortunately not yet identified. It could be François-Philippe d'Anthès (1730-1807), owner of the Lautenbach mines and of the Murbach valley, of the faiencerie (earthenware), tile and glasswork factory of Aprey.
The dog's collar is inscribed with the family name.
195 x 135 mm
Cadre : 33 x 22 cm