Maurice Utrillo (1883-1955)
« Montmartre » ; View of the rue du Mont-Cenis, circa 1940-1942.
Oil on pannel.
27 x 22 cm.
Signed lower right, titled lower left.
- Private collection, Israël,
- Private collection, Hong Kong,
- Private collection, France.
Our "View of the rue du Mont-Cenis" is a little gem dating back to the "color period", illustrating one of the Old Montmartre most iconic parts, and one of the artist's most cherished views. The pittoresque face of this street, esteemed for its old little mansions - among them the house of "Mimi Pinson", the archetype of the young girl from Montmartre, that we can see of the right part of the painting - has sadly disappeared in the late 1920's, due to modern urbanism.
Delevery information :
• You can collect the item in our gallery, in Paris
• You can ask us to deliver the item, at your expense (option to be determined on a case-by-case basis)
Price : on request