Small brass celestial globe probably from an astronomical pendulum.
The following terrestrial indications are engraved:
- Arctic Circle at the North Pole
-Tropic of Cancer
- the Equator
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Antarctic Circle at the South Pole
As well as many celestial constellations, some of which are:
- The raven, the scorpion, the lion, the wolf, the greyhounds, the cattle dog, the ram, the whale, the gemini, the Big Dipper, the head of Medusa, Perseus, the Eagle, the Dolphin, the Fox, Andromeda , the female hydra, the sextant, the unicorn, etc….
Condition: good general condition (note some small bumps in the brass)
- globe only => diameter of about 8 cm
- on its display => height of about 14 cm
Dating: Paris, First Empire period around 1800.
Delevery information :
Please note that packing and shipping costs are not included in the price of the objects which are quoted ex shop.
Final amount including packing and shipment to be discussed with Galerie Delalande.