Box stamped ASPREY in Boulle marquetry
Napoleon III period
In a perfect state
Original movement, OK
7cm diameter, 10 cm height, 310 grammes.
Box richly inlaid on all sides.
Interior in green silk and velvet.
Dimensions: height: 13cm width: 10 cm depth: 5 cm
Asprey was established in England in Mitcham, Surrey in 1781. Founded as a silk printing business by William Asprey, it quickly became a luxury emporium. In 1841, William Asprey's eldest son, Charles, partnered with a stationer located on Bond Street in London. From its location in central London, Asprey advertised "articles of exclusive design and of high quality, whether for personal adornment or personal accompaniment and to endow people with refinement and beauty with refinement and discernment".
An early specialty was the dressing of cases. Asprey has designed traditional cases and models, mainly in leather, adapted to the new style of travel launched by the railways. The main competitors at the time were HJ Cave & Sons, JC Vickery.
Asprey was recognized for his expertise when he won a gold medal for his dressing cases at the international exhibition of 1862.
Year in which Queen Victoria granted the first royal mandate, renewed by Edward VII in 1889.
Until the beginning of the 20th century, the most widespread watch model was the pocket watch (or pocket watch), the pocket being the name of the small pocket of the waistcoat provided for this purpose. Watches are generally attached to the vest by a chain or ribbon. They often have a cover. The watch winder and the time adjustment dial are located at twelve o'clock in the ring. Wristwatches were therefore mainly intended for female customers.
Thus the Swiss firm Omega produced the first wristwatch with minute repeater in 1892 (the watch is equipped with an Audemars Piguet3 movement).
In France the reseller is Kirby, Beard & C ° Ltd 5 rue Auber in Paris.
In England, the dealer and dresser is Asprey Bond Street London.
Delevery information :
Delivery France and worldwide by specialized carriers.
5 500 €