Emile Muller, was born in 1823 in Altkirch (Haut-Rhin) and died in 1889 in Nice (Alpes-Maritimes). He was a franch ceramist and sculptor.
In 1854 Emile Müller established his tile-works, the ‘Grande Tuilerie d’Ivry’, in Ivry, near Paris. Later, in 1884, he developed a technique for glazed terracotta for use in an architectural context, as well as for works of art. Several artists, including Eugène Grasset, Henri de Toulouse Lautrec, and Alexandre Falguière favoured the material for its superior quality and their support helped to establish Müller’s reputation. Emile Müller signed his works with his name and stamped them sometimes with IVRY/PARIS EMILE MULLER.
In 1889, his son Louis Müller took over the business under the name ‘Emile Müller Co.’, participating regularly in the universal expositions. He won the grand prix in Bruxelles in 1897 along with three gold medals. His works were signed with EMILLE MULLER ET CO.
Several exemples of the Muller's works are kept at the Musée d'Orsay in Paris, at the departemental museum of Oise at Beauveau and at the Musée de l'Ecole de Nancy.
This model of vase can be seen along the Legion d'honneur Museum, quai Anatole France in Paris.
2 500 €