Our painting represents the gallery connecting the Neues Museum to the Alte Museum in Berlin. This work dating from the beginning of the 20th century is a precious testimony of the museography of these German cultural institutions, victims of major destructions during the Second World War.
This gallery, which housed a large collection of ancient sculptures, was completely destroyed. Only a watercolor dating from the 19th century by the architect of the Museum, Friedrich August Stüler (1800 - 1865), allowed us to identify the place with certainty.
Price : on request
15 000 €