Oil on canvas depicting four doves drinking in a cup.
This scene is a reproduction of the famous mosaic discovered in 1737, in the ruins of Villa Adriana excavated by Cardinal Furietti. She was in the center of a room in the Villa. According to Pline the Elder (23-79 AD), it would be a copy of a mosaic executed by Sosos of Pergamum in the 2nd century BC.
It is now preserved in the Capitolin museum.
Rome, around 1840.