Marriage of Maximilien de Hapsburg, archduke of Austria ( 1493 ) then Germanic emperor ( 1508 ), and Marie de Bourgogne, girl of duke Charles the Bold
Very fine and exceptional historic panel(sign) of tapestry of high ribband woolen weaved (8 / cm) and silk between 1490 and 1510, which we can due to its weaving and its border attribute(award) to the studios(workshops) of Brussels. This panel(sign) that we present here in for register the marriage of Maximilien de Hapsburg, archduke of Austria ( 1493 ) then Germanic emperor ( 1508 ), and Marie de Bourgogne, girl of duke Charles the Bold. Meeting of Ghent, before the marriage celebrated in 1477. A very attractive border established(constituted) by some fruits the most quoted in the Bible such as of the grape, the figs and the pomegranates(grenades) among a pleasant foliage within which appears here and there phylactery.
Height: 283 cms; width: 263 cms.
I. summary(basic) Balance sheet(Assessment)
· theme: preparation of a marital union in the high aristocracy (princely, royal, imperial)
· the most likely hypothesis: Maximilien de Hapsburg, archduke of Austria ( 1493 ) then Germanic emperor ( 1508 ), and Marie de Bourgogne, girl of duke Charles the Bold. Meeting of Ghent, before the marriage celebrated in 1477? Marie died in 1482.
· from Brabant tapestry desecrates, probably produced in Brussels, for private use ( not identified heraldic signs) in aristocratic environment(middle)
· estimated(esteemed) dating stylistiquement c. 1490-1515 (remembrance of a previous event)
I. detailed Description
· a young aristocrat on a throne, surrounded with its court(yard), to whom we present a princess.
· He(It) carries(wears) fair and long hair (as Maximilien) a stick of command in hand, a necklace in the neck (not identified, not a necklace of order of chivalry as that of Saint Michel, or some Golden fleece), sits on a throne covered with a material embroidered(exaggerated) with pomegranates(grenades) which tomve up to earth(ground).
· court(yard) consisted in its right of a group of three women, a couple close to the prince, to the princess and to the go-between beckoning as to convince the future wife / fiancée of the legitimacy of this union.
· in the left of the prince is a man between two women
· the princess is fair (thus by Anne of Brittany), carries(wears) a complex headgear crown, escoffion, touret), a dress with orfroi on the base(basis) and the belt, the coat filled with ermine, a necklace. It receives an offering (spherical object in a dish(flat) of silversmith's trade raised(enhanced) by pearls) from a fair servant, bending the knee, in dress split on the side, being the only bare character of the image, in sign of respect.
· the scene(stage) takes place on a ground of one thousand flowers (strawberry plant, daffodils, honeysuckle? XVth type(chap)) and trees appear in bottom. An ecu occupies each of the superior angles, it identified certainly the sponsor(sleeping partner) of the work (searches(researches) to be followed). The set(group) is framed(supervised) by a fat frieze of flowers (pink(roses), marguerites, thoughts), sheets(leaves), fruits (bunches of grapes) and fine headbands(banners)............
Analyse :Yannick Frizet, docteur en histoire de l'art .
Our house assures you the sale of a tapestry with invoice and expertise pleases, cleaned well, in good condition with its system of fixation. If it was to be necessary, we shall specify you the works which were made. All our tapestries can be presented to you in your place of residence in France and bordering countries before your definitive decision.
Delevery information :
Free in France.
US, Eu 450€ insurance included.
Outher countries, thank you to contact us for a shipping quote if necessary.
Price : on request
Price : on request
Price : on request
8 000 €