Rare pewter plate, early 17th century, by Georges Schmauss received master in 1628 active in Nuremberg.
It features a set decorating the Emperors belonging to the House of Habsburg in legendary medallions.
In the center is the equestrian portrait of the Emperor Ferdinand II (1578-1637), and on the wing are eleven portraits of these predecessors.
A rich ornamentation of foliage, plant motifs and human masks enhances this decor in the pure Renaissance style.
Good condition (small hanging hole on the wing)
Historical Annecote: Two identical copies are preserved, one at the National Museum of the Renaissance in Echouen, the other at the Victoria and Albert Museum.
Price : on request