An oil on canvas measuring (55X46 cm without the frame) representing a washing boat signed lower right dated 1910 by Alexander Altmann (1885-1934)
Alexandre Altmann studied at the Fine Arts in Odessa. He left Odessa in 1905 and walked to Paris where he found a studio at the Ruche. He then met Emile Schuffenecker. In 1910 Altmann knew a certain notoriety following the exhibition of his painting The Inondation of Paris. He moved to the Rue des Périchaux near the Ruche and received official orders for several public buildings (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Luxembourg Palace, etc.). In 1920, he settled in Nemours.
At the end of his life, Altmann regularly stays in Saint-Jean-de-Luz in the Basque Country and on the Côte d'Azur in Cannes. A street in Crécy-en-Brie in the Somme will be dedicated to him.
Price : on request