Pair of small polychromatic enamel porcelain plates featuring an inn scene and musicians. Each plate has a number and an ancient label on their backsides. They wear the inscription (partially erased) : "AU COQ HONORE. Rue du Coq St. Honoré, N° 7. Chez ALPH GIROUX à Paris (...)" [AU COQ HONORE. 7 Rue du Coq St. Honoré Street. At ALPH GIROUX in Paris]. Black wooden original frame, decorated with a gilt bronze frieze, intricately chiseled with palmettes. Light wear to the wood.
François-Simon-Alphonse Giroux (? - Paris, 1848) created a cabinetmaking shop at 7 Street rue du Coq-Saint-Honoré, in 1799. He commercialized various objects for photographers, pieces of furniture and collectibles. The shop was very popular under the Restoration and François Giroux counted among his clients the royal family. In 1838, his two sons, Alphonse-Gustave (Paris, 1810-1886) and André (Paris, 1801-1879), took over the company and developed it. They received a silver medal for their production of small pieces of furniture at the exhibition of the products of the industry of 1839. The house was managed from 1870 by Duvinage and Harinkouk. It stopped its production in 1885.
Dim: W: 6,1 in - D: ,8in - H: 5,5in.
Dim: L:15,5cm, P:2cm, H:14cm.
7 500 €