Misnamed a gladiator due to an erroneous restoration, it was among the most admired and copied works of antiquity in the eighteenth century, providing sculptors a canon of proportions.The sculpture was added to the Borghese collection in Rome. At the Villa Borghese it stood in a ground-floor room named for it, redecorated in the early 1780s by Antonio Asprucci. Camillo Borghese was pressured to sell it to his brother-in-law, Napoleon Bonaparte, in 1807, it was taken to Paris when the Borghese collection was acquired for the Louvre, where it now resides.
This sculpture stands on a Vert de Mer marble base.
Delevery information :
Transport can be arranged . .